Friday, June 29, 2012

Alpha Gam Appreciation Post

As I've said before, I'm a member of the Alpha Gamma Delta International Women's Fraternity. In short terms, I'm in AGD. I think it's about time I tell you just how much I love these women.

Let's start with rush.

I'm a member of our school's marching band and a majority of the women in marching band are also in AGD, so I already knew a great number of them. At the beginning of rush I had my mind set on one sorority, and it wasn't AGD. Throughout the week, with the help of some amazing Rho Gamma's (neutral ladies), I opened my mind to the possibility of joining another sorority. I went through the rest of rush with an open mind and fell in love with that feeling of home I got when I was with the Alpha Gam's. I went into the preference room after my final round and told myself to write down the first place that came to mind when I thought of home, I found myself writing AGD.

I did not only write AGD though, I wrote my second favorite beneath as my backup in case the Alpha Gam's didn't like me. All day of walkouts I was freaking out because I did not know which bid I would have in my bag.

When it came time to see what bid was in my bag I was ready to puke. I had no idea which bid was in there and I knew that if it wasn't Alpha Gam I would be extremely disappointed.

I opened my bag and there it was. The familiar crest on the front and my name on the inside. I held that bid to my chest and closed my eyes smiling because I was so happy. One of my best friends, Lydia, looked over at me to see which I got. She thought because my eyes were closed I didn't get Alpha Gam and looked concerned. I smiled though and she knew I had.

We both signed our bids immediately.

Lydia is a member of Phi Sigma Sigma, but being in different houses hasn't affected our friendship in the least. If anything, it has strengthened it. This is us on bid day this year. :)

So anyways, I had found home. This is my beautiful pledge class at walkouts.
Me, Amber, Andrea, Chloe, Olivia, Sara, Cassie, and Steph.

After walkouts you are allowed to hand out open bids. Through open bids our pledge class grew to ten. We are the Ten Titillating Bowling Pins.
This is name reveal. :)

My pledging process was probably one of the most bonding things I have went through with my pledge sisters. It sounds stupid, but some pledge classes don't bond. Ours definitely did. Not only did I bond with my pledge class, but with my family. We are the bunnies.
My Mother, Me, and my Grandmother.

These two women are incredibly important to me. They have shown me guidance and support. I'm truly lucky to be apart of this family, in my eyes. Knowing these two has made me a stronger person and more self confident.

This year I took a daughter and I love her as well. As corny as this is, she is my pride and joy. Our family is a line of women in band and as far as I've seen, strong women. My daughter fits in perfectly.
I'm holding her and her Grandma is on the floor.

Not only do I get incredible family support, my sisters as a whole are an amazing support group. Many of them are great role models and even greater friends. I can honestly say I don't know where or who I would be without these women. 

I'm just going to spam this entry with pictures to show the great times I've had so far.
My initiation.
Winter Walkouts 
My roommate's initiation :)
Me, my little, and my little's mother.
My wife! (She was in my pledge class)
Our "Classy" event.
Me and Holly Graham (Former President)
Me, my Mother, my Wife :)
Winter Recruitment
Desserts 
Winter Walkouts 
My daughter and I :)

Those are just a few. And by few I mean barely scraping the surface. This was one of the best choices I've made in my life and I know I will never regret it.

I'm going to listen to our songs now.




2 comments: