Saturday, June 9, 2012

FanFic, Potstickers, and Sunshine.

Last night as I was casually scrolling through my dashboard under the tag of "Chuck Bass" I came across someone raving about a Chuck/Blair fanfic story. Normally I'm not one to read fanfic because I like the real thing but I love Chuck/Blair so I thought I'd give this one a chance. The post also had a ton of reblogs  so I considered it worthwhile. Little did I know I would fall into reading this fanfic for three hours this morning only stopping when my best friend asked me to pick her up from work. I'm currently on chapter 8 of 17 and don't plan on stopping. So there is that.

Also my diet for the day consisted of ten potstickers, whales crackers (which are in fact much better than goldfish), carrots, and a lemon. Like I peeled the skin off and at the lemon like an orange. That was an experience. Not so bad after the first piece. You just have to make sure you get all the seeds out. Otherwise a lemon tree will grow in your stomach, you know.

I then made a bet with my sister Lynn to see who could get the most tan by the end of the summer. I am hopefully going to see her for the taste of Chicago in July and we will compare then and we will compare after band camp ends in August. The loser has to buy the winner a fifth. Good bet? I believe so. In order to get a head start on this bet I then went to the beach with my best friend Meranda and her boyfriend David where we made sand castles and played in the lake. All while judging the beach goers because what else is there to do at the beach.

Meranda and I also analyzed pop music and concluded that in order to have a hit pop song you need these three key things:

  1. Uhn-Tiss Drum/Cymbal beat in the background. You can substitute the cymbal for guitar or piano as long as you keep the rhythm the same.
  2. Saying the same thing over and over. It doesn't even have to make sense. Using something catchy like "Yeah baby yeah lalala yeah baby go!" works perfectly. Just repeat it. A lot.
  3. Auto tune. This just brings the whole song together.
So next time you're in the car listening to the "popular" music on the radio listen for these three things. They are there. It really makes you loose faith in humanity a bit. 

I'm going to find out how Blair and Chuck are doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment