Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Blanket Forts and Thunderstorms.

I'm going to start this off by saying I had a fantastic Father's Day with my dad, brother, step mom, and step grandma. This is my dad, brother, and I.
We're kind of like the three stooges. 

We went to chinese and saw Rock Of Ages. That movie was awesome. It is a rock and roll musical set in the 80s. So good. I totally recommend it. Especially if you love musicals. Yeah.

So yesterday was a pretty pleasant day until it started crazy raining and thunderstorming. Now normally I can handle thunderstorms because they aren't really THAT scary and you can tell how far away lightening hits by counting the seconds between the flash and the sound. I've never had lightening be closer than two miles. UNTIL YESTERDAY. 

Meranda and I were casually watching family guy when all of a sudden there is this extremely loud crack and flash of light on the road outside my house. Yep. You guessed it. Lightening strike RIGHT OUTSIDE MY HOUSE. It sounded like a gunshot and was pretty much the scariest thing ever. Well not ever, but pretty high up there. 

Then I suggested we make a blanket fort in my livingroom so that happened. It was a pretty decent fort until my kittens decided it'd be a cool idea to jump on the middle and tear it down in one fell swoop.

We then proceeded to go to Meranda's house and make a cake.

I showed Meranda's 6 year old brother how garage band worked and he made a ...really cool song... that consisted mostly of random notes on guitar, drum kits, and alarm sounding. He then added a beatboxing track and a track of him singing about beyblades. It was entertaining to say the least. 

I'm hoping today clears up a bit so Meranda and I can go rollerblading later. Maybe see some elk. 

I'm going to read this orchestra comic I found on tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment