Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sunburns and Singing Hippos

I've always been relatively good at avoiding sunburns, but yesterday after three hours in the sun with no sunscreen I managed to acquire a particularly painful one on my shoulders. I guess you don't realize how hot the sun actually is when you're playing water frisbee. Regardless, it was an all around fun beach day so I'm not complaining too much.

Two days ago I had an extensive conversation with my wife, Annie, about making the house into a huge blanket fort. First, yes Annie is my wife. Remember how I told you my sorority isn't really your typical sorority? Well over Spring Term my sister Annie and I got married in our backyard. Why? Because we thought it'd be awesome, we needed a reason to make fruit pizza, and why not? It was legit. Best part? Nobody even questioned it when we told them. Everyone was just like, "Of course I'll be there!" I guess it's accepted that AGD's do weird things constantly. Let me show you our beautiful ceremony.
Full House! (Nobody even laughed during our clearly ripped off vows. Hers from Bridemaids and mine from Adele.)

Our Maids of Honors and Minister Christian Gilbert Jedi Knight (He got legally ordained for this online at like 4:00am or something) (He is also one of our sweethearts)

Annie and I!

So yes, we seriously had a wedding in our sorority's backyard. We had very beautiful vows and a lovely honeymoon as well. This probably helps you get a better idea of how awesome my sorority actually is. :)

Anyways, I was talking to her about blanket forts because we wanted to make a huge one that ran through the whole house. Most importantly though, we needed a room for Rufus and the Gang to perform. Now, who is Rufus and the Gang? They are an awesome band of a singing hippo and his companions. It's better seen than explained.

My personal favorites are "I Feel Good," "Call Me Maybe," "Sexy And I Know It," and "Someone Like You." You could just watch all of them though. The duck is pretty badass in "Thriller."

This all happened in the house too because well, that's what we do.

So we needed a place for them to practice and perform. That was the main focus of the blanket fort. So I thought, I need practice making said blanket fort. That's when I forced Meranda to make a blanket fort with me.

We watched "Stick It" in there. :)

This is just a mediocre blanket fort. The one Annie and I will create will be massive and need a video to explain the awesome. 

I'm going to make some more tea and watch Family Guy.




No comments:

Post a Comment