Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Gay Oreos

Alright. This post was inevitable, so here we go.
So this was posted.

First of all, there are NUMEROUS companies that openly support gay marriage. NUMEROUS. Here is a short list.
  1. Levi's
  2. American Apparel
  3. Nike
  4. Microsoft
  5. American Airlines
  6. Apple
  7. Google
  8. Starbucks
  9. Boeing
  10. IBM
And that is a VERY short list. That doesn't even scrape the surface.

I'm finding it absolutely ridiculous that people are going to "boycott buying oreos." I think that if you are going to do that it's only equal that you "boycott" ALL of the companies that support gay rights. I mean, that's equality right?

Also, I don't think eating oreos will turn you gay because they support gay rights. That would mean that while people write hate on their mac's, search google for mean pictures, and drink starbucks, they are slowly turning gay. All of those companies support gay rights so using their products has to make you gay too, right? Because being gay is a choice and if you eat/drink/use gay things you are more likely to catch "the gay" and make the "choice" to be gay. I mean, that's why I'm gay. I was just riding American Airlines to Australia in seventh grade and I caught the gay and made the choice to be judged all throughout high school.


This logic is nearly as ridiculous as the logic that having gay parents makes you gay. My mom and dad are pretty straight. I mean, they are both in heterosexual relationships so...

Also, I'm pretty positive nearly EVERY SINGLE company in the world has AT LEAST one gay person working for them. I think people are unaware of just how many gay people there actually are in this world. 

So while everyone that is "boycotting" oreos sits at home feeling horrible because their off-brand cookies keep breaking in their milk, I'm going to gladly continue to use any products from any company I like. By boycotting oreos you are just leaving more for my sorority sisters and I to dip in our milk. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment