Friday, June 22, 2012

Let Us Talk Addicting Snacks

Lately I've been eating much healthier because I've grown to learn it's not all gross as I once believed. 

I'm going to share some of my personal favorite healthy snacks because they are delicious and everyone should try them.

-Apple and Peanut Butter!
Yummmmm

You just core yourself an apple, get a dollop of peanut butter, and go at it! It is also a pretty cheap snack considering you can buy a bag of apples and be good for a few days where as a bag of chips will probably last you one day. 

-Celery and Peanut Butter!
MMM MM good

These two are an obvious pairing. Add some raisins and you've got ants on a log. Celery is 0 calories so when you eat it alone you are actually burning calories by eating it! I think it tastes better with peanut butter though so I like to put it on top. Peanut Butter gives it some protein. 

-Hard Boiled Eggs!
Just add salt!

Super easy to make and usually made in dozens. It's always a good week when you have a container of hard boiled eggs sitting in your fridge. Just add a pinch of salt and you've got a delicious snack! You can also put them in chef salads or make egg salad sandwiches. 

-Carrots and Ranch!
Yum!

You don't have to use ranch, that's just my favorite dressing-after honey mustard of course. I suggest using a light fat or fat free ranch though. Carrots are always yummy and having something to dip them in makes them even better!

-Green Tea!
Warm or Cold!

Green Tea has a crazy amount of benefits so it's always good to have on hand. It's actually remarkably filling if you are having a snack craving. It also boosts the metabolism. I take mine straight but adding sugar will help non-tea drinkers like it more.

Well, that's all I have for now.

I'm going to make some tea.





No comments:

Post a Comment