Sunday, June 17, 2012

Giraffes in the backseat

So yesterday Meranda and I hopped in her new car and drove down to Ferndale, MI for the Third Annual Southeast Michigan Dyke March. It was a three and a half hour drive but I made us an awesome mix cd for the drive so it wasn't so bad.
My dear friend Lisa's brother put it on and she had been bugging me about it so I thought we might as well go check it out. We picked Lisa up at her little Amish abode and made the scary travel through crazy streets to the march. 

We arrived a little late but we eventually caught up with the actual march! We even saw a puppy in a rainbow tutu! 
Dykes on Bikes :)
They also had a few inspirational speakers which was really cool. My favorite quote was definitely, "Take action today because tomorrow is a playground for cowards." 

We creeped on some children playing at the little playground they had there while listening to the singers/bands they had performing. After, Lisa showed us downtown Ferndale which was super great because it was so gay friendly everywhere! Fantastic. 

We also made a pit stop at the Cupcake Station...
Glorious cupcakes. Let me tell you.

I'm going to wake my brother up so we can have lunch with my dad for father's day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment